Upcoming Artbotics Exhibit: 5,000
Classes meet 9:30am - 10:45am on Tuesday and Thursdays in Olsen 403, with labs from 11:00am - 12:15 pm on Tuesday or Thursday in Olsen 302.
The Replications page has been updated with many new Artbotics adaptations. Check them out:
- Lexington High School Spring 2012
- Lincoln Sudbury Regional High School Workshop 2012
- Northern Essex Community College Upward Bound 2012
- Northern Essex Community College Upward Bound 2011
- MassBay Community College Spring 2012
- Northern Essex Community College Spring 2012
- MassBay Community College Fall 2011
- Northern Essex Community College Fall 2011
Since our first educator workshop in 2008 Artbotics has been adapted to many curricula outside of our core program. Over 200 Artbotics kits have been distributed to middle schools, high schools, and colleges.
If you have used or plan to use the Artbotics materials in some form to run a workshop, class, or camp please contact us!
This year's STREAM workshop was held at iRobot in Bedford, MA on June 27-28, 2012.
Presentation materials, handouts, and breakout session discussions have been posted on the Summer 2012 Educators Workshop page. Photos and videos will be up soon!
- Learning about art, computer science, and robotics by creating interactive, public exhibits.
- A collaboration between UMass Lowell's Computer Science & Art departments with the Revolving Museum (located in downtown Lowell, MA).
- An 8-week summer program piloted by a group of Lowell HS graduates and UMass Lowell students.
- A four-credit undergraduate course open to anyone at UMass Lowell (first offered Spring 2007).
- An after-school program for students of Lowell High School.
- A week-long summer camp for middle school students.
- Day-long workshops for educators of art, science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) subjects.
- A set of materials and approaches that you can adapt to your curriculum.
- A project supported by the National Science Foundation (CNS-0540564 and CNS-0837739), as part of the Broadening Participation in Computing program. Also funded by the National Endowment for the Arts.
- This semester's Artbotics college course will be exhibiting their final projects at 119 Gallery on December 7, 2012. The show is entitled 5,000; see you there!
- The Fall 2012 Artbotics college course starts on Thursday, September 6th, 2012 at UMass Lowell!
- On Tuesday, July 17, 2012, Holly Yanco and Adam Norton will be traveling to Honolulu, Hawaii to give a pre-conference workshop on Artbotics as part of KIPR's Global Conference on Educational Robotics!
- The Replications page has been updated! Many new adaptations of the Artbotics materials have been added. Also watch new videos of their work on our YouTube channel!
- STREAM 2012 was a success! Presentation materials and handouts have been posted. Download them here!
- Artbotics super students Nick Ven and Jomar Bey have been awarded honorable mention scholarships from Cognizant's Making the Future program! Congratulations, Nick and Jomar!
- Photos are up from the Spring 2012 after school class's exhibit, Exo-Apparati!
- Instructors Diana Coluntino and Adam Norton, along with star-student Evangelia Voraphonh, presented at the New Media Consortium 2012 summer conference. Check out photos here!
- This year's STREAM workshop will feature two Artbotics workshops: "Attracting Students to STEM" and "Best Practices." See the STREAM 2012 website for more info!
- The Spring 2012 Artbotics class at the Revolving Museum will begin in March. This semester we will be producing Steampunk body wear. More details soon...
- News Archive